Mississippi State Requirements
Required Continuing Education Hours
Life, Health and Accident Producers24 CE hours, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term. Producers whose licenses have been in effect for a license term of 18 months or less are required to complete 12 CE hours without ethics during the license term. Upon renewal, a 2-year license will be issued. Click here to determine how many months your license is in effect.
Producers planning to sell the following products have special training or education requirements as described below:
All producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products. *Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Mississippi's law will be deemed compliant for Mississippi's requirement.
Property and Casualty Producers24 CE hours, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2-year license term. Producers whose licenses have been in effect for a license term of 18 months or less are required to complete 12 CE hours without ethics during the license term. Upon renewal, a 2-year license will be issued.
Click here to determine how many months your license is in effect.
Adjusters12 CE hours are required every 1-year license term. (See license term below.)
- The Producer license is a 2-year license term ending on the last day of their birth month.
- The Adjuster license is a 1-year license term ending on May 31st.
CE Subject Requirements
- Category restrictions: Licensees must complete courses approved for a line of insurance they are licensed to sell.
- Course presentation: Licensees may take courses through online or paper-based self-study.
- Study requirements: Students must read the course material and answer each set of end-of-chapter quizzes prior to taking a closed-book, proctored final exam.
Final Exam Requirements
- Exam proctor requirements: Self-study final exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party. The monitor can be any impartial person who is not concerned with the result of the examination or the success of the student. The monitor cannot be related by family to the student. (Examples of impartial monitors are teachers, librarians, church leaders, neighbors, etc.)
- Exam rules: Self-study final exams are closed book. Students may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.
CE Carryover AllowanceCarryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
Course Repetition RulesCourses may only be taken for credit once in a license term.
CE Completion ReportingNext-Day Reporting - AOIS reports course completions electronically to Sircon every business day.
Certificate of CompletionAOIS provides online, printable certificates of completion in Mississippi. Certificates of completion are available to print online immediately after the final exam is passed. A licensee is required to maintain a copy of each certificate of completion in his or her files for 4 years.
License Renewal ProcessResident and nonresident licensees can renew their licenses here.
CE ExemptionsThe following are exempt from Mississippi CE requirements:
- Inactive producers
- Producers holding limited lines licenses
- Nonresident producers
- Nonresident adjusters
Helpful LinksLicense number look up
View your CE transcript
Renew your license online
Sircon Contact InformationPhone: 877-876-4430
Web site: www.sircon.com
State Contact InformationMississippi Insurance Department
Phone: 601-359-3569 or 800-562-2957
Web site: www.mid.ms.gov
Mississippi Insurance DepartmentAmerican Online Insurance School provides information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither AOIS nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.
Agents Licensing Unit
P.O. Box 79
Jackson, MS 39205-0079